First Time Manager
|Programme||Code Session||Durée||Training type||Location||Language||Remaining seats||DAY 1||DAY 2||DAY 3|
|First Time Manager - On Site||2023-AMP 01||21||On Site||France||French||12||2023-05-22||2023-05-23||2023-06-26|
|First Time Manager - Virtual Classroom||2023-AMD 01||11||Virtual Classroom||Digital||English||14||2023-06-05||2023-06-06||2023-07-03|
|First Time Manager - On Site||2023-AMP 02||21||On Site||France||English||19||2023-10-16||2023-10-17||2023-11-20|
|First Time Manager - Virtual Classroom||2023-AMD 02||11||Virtual Classroom||Digital||French||14||2023-11-06||2023-11-07||2023-12-18|
New or Upcoming Managers
Onsite : 3 days
Virtual Classroom : 3 x 3hrs
Onsite learning or virtual classroom
This programme is designed to help new and aspiring managers understand and master the responsibilities and management of their team or individuals. Throughout the programme, participants will explore situational leadership, feedback, motivating and engaging their team, managing conflict, performance, turbulence and distance.
- > Set precise goals
- > Handle turbulence in a digital context
- > Maximize individual and collective performances
- > Understand and apply the SMART method
- > Use GROW and identify the best practices to improve one's feedbacks
They tell you about it
Difficult to choose only one element. Here are 3 - I am no longer lost when in my managerial position - the theory: I discovered good practices to put in place - practical cases: I appreciated being able to find myself in small role-playing situations
Regular interaction with participants allowing iteration on the subjects; training where you can "pick up" good managerial practices, an excellent mix of theories, cases practices and discussions
Introduction (Self-assessment, exercises, debrief)
Situational leadership (role play, collective & individual objectives).
The manager's actions
Coaching and grow
Action plan with Grow
The impact of stress
Conduct difficult conversations
An interactive session that is based on the promotion of the principles of collective intelligence, learning through peer feedback and experimentation from real situations.
Onsite and virtual classroom
Other programs suggested
- Leadership and Change Management
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Developing a Feedback Culture
U.learn related contents
Forms are used to ask three questions before and after the training, in order to measure progress. They are as follows:
- Individual performance: "How do you rate your current performance level when compared to its potential?"
- Collective performance: "How do you rate your level of competence to optimize collective performance?"
- Performance in turbulent times: "How do you rate your ability to perform during turbulent times?"
Prix de la formation
The prices of the programs are communicated to the HR Managers.