Sustainable Business for all
Managers, Support functions, all newcomers, Boost program participants
On-site: 2 days
Virtual classroom format : 4 half-days (4 x 3 hours) spread over 2 weeks
FR - EN
On-site or Virtual classrooms + e-learnings (1h45)
Becoming a key player in the transition to a carbon-neutral economy requires us to adapt our working methods, develop our skills and know-how, and transform our activities.
The SUSTAINABILITY ACADEMY offers you a training course aimed at supporting all managers in implementing the Group's ambition.
ENGIE experts whose business issues on sustainability are at the heart of their daily work, are mobilized in the framework of the course around the following issues:
- The influence of sustainability issues on the company, its strategy and its business model
- Climate change and technological solutions to face it
- The business challenge of decarbonization for the company
- Sustainability and stakeholder engagement
- > Describe the processes that drive the sustainability issues of our time
- > Explain how these issues impact corporate strategies and their business models
- > Identify the tools and solutions of the economic world to face climate change
- > Understand the business issues of decarbonation and its basic principles
- > Participate in the commitments of stakeholders in the framework of a CSR policy
They tell you about it
Excellent how this course puts things in context and consolidates sometimes vague information.
Very interesting with concrete examples, this course will have a lot of impact on all of us.
I fully recommend!
Describe the phenomena that govern the sustainability issues of our time and explain how they impact corporate strategies and their business model:
- The major challenges of our time: climate change, environmental, social and societal challenges
- Influence of sustainability issues on business strategies: objectives, motivations and risks of a company associated with these issues
- Role and perspectives of the energy sector: energy transition, scenarios, ambitions and positioning of energy players
- ENGIE case study
Understanding the business challenges of decarbonation and its basic principles
• The carbon challenge in the major business sectors
• Levers and basic principles of carbon accounting
• Decarbonization of clients: issues, indicators and impact
Identify the tools and solutions of the economic world to face climate change:
• Calculation and control methods: social cost of carbon, carbon tax, Emission Trading System, carbon budget (explanations and illustration of a concrete case)
• Ways and means to achieve CO2 reduction: concept and principles of carbon elimination
• Other greenhouse gases involved in global warming: what is their responsibility and how can they be reduced?
Understand and participate in Corporate Social Responsibility issues that embody the interaction between the company and society:
• CSR regulations: soft law & hard law
• Environmental, social and governance criteria of international financial institutions
• ENGIE's raison d'être
• Methodology and tools for stakeholder engagement: business case
E-learning path: "Business change maker" (1h) + Net Zero Carbon Ambition (45 min)
This program includes masterclasses led by internal experts and interactive activities: case studies, practical application, workshops, role-playing and testimonials from operational entities.
Other programs suggested
- Understanding Energy Revolution
- Finance for Non Financials
- Design Thinking Discovery
- Neutral Carbon Technologies (previous name: Zero Carbon Technologies)
U.learn related contents
- Making the Matrix work
- Stakeholder engagement
- Hydrogen for all
Expectations and knowledge & Skills questionnaires in preparation of the training & Post-session knowledge quiz
Price of the program
For more information on the price of the course, please contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org